Re-Jigged: A Celebration of New Celtic Music & Dance
Ready to Re-Jig? Join us for our 4th annual festival, October 25 - 26, 2013 in downtown Dartmouth, Nova Scotia!
Think trad - with attitude!
RE-JIGGED is all about learning, sharing and enjoying the best “new trad” Celtic music and dance. Here at Atlantic Canada's first and only new trad festival, we're creating tomorrow's traditions with workshops, master classes, sessions, gala concert and late-night ceilidh. And you're invited!
You'll love our location! Everything you'll want to see and do happens on Ochteloney Street in downtown Dartmouth. Our two venues are just minutes away from each other: Christ Church Hall and First Baptist Church, both amazing acoustic halls, made for trad music and dance.
- Vishtèn! The powerhouse trio known for their fiery blend of trad, fusing Celtic and Acadian genres with a modern sensibility of rock influence.
- Sean-nos dance sensation Brian Cunningham from Connemara, Co Galway, Ireland
- Contemporary Celtic Storytelling with award-winning author Alexander MacLeod
- The Re-Jigged Celtic Music Ensemble - An intensive one-day creative journey, led by Scott Macmillan, one of Canada's foremost performers and arrangers, with original choreography by Kieran Jordan of Boston
- 24 workshops and seminars
New for 2013...
- Workshops in didgeridoo, Acadian stepdance, piano accordion, Re-Jigged Survival Gaelic, Celtic storytelling and a Scottish-style fiddle class for youth.
- Preventing Overuse Injuries: One-on-one clinical assessments, specially designed for musicians, dancers and singers. Don't suffer for your art - learn how to protect yourself!
Picture yourself at Re-Jigged 2013...
Workshops: Learn or improve your skills with some of North America’s leading performers and instructors in bodhran, Scottish and Acadian fiddle, Irish and Scots Gaelic, Irish flute, uilleann pipes, sean-nós (old-style) Irish step dance, Acadian step, tin whistle, Celtic harp, songwriting, and Scottish smallpipes - and more!
And with our special children's Gaelic program, your kids will be busy, too!
Gala Concert: Join us for an exciting two-hour evening concert with leading innovators in Celtic music and dance, including Vishtèn, Alexander MacLeoad, sean-nos dance with Brian Cunningham and Kieran Jordan, Scottish singer/songwriter Andy Webster and fiddler Eilidh Buchanan, contemporary Irish dancer Zeph Caissie, Acadian step dancer Christiane Theriault...and more! Proudly sponsored by The Charitable Irish Society of Nova Scotia.
Late-Night Ceilidh: After the concert, it’s your turn! Callers from both the Maritime and Irish traditions will have you up on the floor and dancing square sets in no time. Sponsored by An Cumann:The Irish Association of Nova Scotia.
So whether you want to play or dance or simply sit back and enjoy it all, if you like Celtic, you’ll love RE-JIGGED!
Workshop spaces fill up quickly. Register and pay securely online today.