Re-Jigged: Celebrating New Celtic Music & Dance
Ready to Re-Jig? Join us for our fifth annual festival, October 24 - 26: bigger, better and best of all, in downtown Dartmouth, Nova Scotia!
Think trad - with attitude!
RE-JIGGED is all about learning, sharing and enjoying the best "new trad" Celtic music and dance. Here at Atlantic Canada's first and only new trad festival, we're creating tomorrow's traditions with workshops, master classes, sessions, our brand new Friday evening Tune Makers: A Concert in the Round, our popular Saturday evening Gala Concert and Late-Night Ceilidh. And you're invited!
You'll love our spaces. Everything you'll want to see and do happens on Ochterloney Street in downtown Dartmouth. Our two venues are just minutes away from each other: Christ Church Hall and First Baptist Church, both amazing acoustic halls, made for trad music and dance.
And thanks to you, we just keep on growing. Take a look!
New this year...
- Tune Makers: A Concert in the Round: Our new Friday evening concert puts a new twist on the traditional session, featuring the amazing Isaac Alderson--considered one of the brightest lights on the international trad scene today. A must-attend for anyone who loves new trad music and dance. Tune Makers is proudly sponsored by King's Wharf.
- Còig--Our Gala Concert headliner, this electrifying ensemble of five solo acts is considered one of Cape Breton’s most captivating young bands;
- The Re-Jigged Celtic Music Ensemble - An intensive one-day creative journey, led by Scott Macmillan, one of Canada's foremost performers and arrangers;
- Sean-nós step dance sensation Kieran Jordan of Boston;
- Scottish/Cape Breton step dancer Sophie Stephenson;
- Two-day Plein air painting workshop with Vincent Crotty of Boston;
- *NEW* Music session for youth;
- 25 workshops and seminars...and more.
Picture yourself at Re-Jigged 2014
Workshops: Learn or improve your skills with some of North America’s leading performers and instructors in bodhran, fiddle, Irish and Scots Gaelic, Irish flute, uilleann pipes, sean-nós (old-style) Irish step dance, Cape Breton step, tin whistle, Celtic harp, songwriting, storytelling, oil painting - and more!
And with our special children's Gaelic program, your kids will be busy, too!
Gala Concert: Join us for an exciting two-hour evening concert with leading innovators in Celtic music and dance, featuring Coig, along with Isaac Alderson, singer Patricia Murray, sean-nos dance Kieran Jordan, contemporary Irish dancer Zeph Caissie...and more! Proudly sponsored by The Charitable Irish Society of Nova Scotia.
Late-Night Ceilidh: After the concert, it’s your turn! Callers from both the Maritime and Irish traditions will have you up on the floor and dancing square sets in no time. Sponsored by An Cumann:The Irish Association of Nova Scotia.
So whether you want to play or dance or simply sit back and enjoy it all, if you like Celtic, you’ll love RE-JIGGED!
Workshop spaces fill up quickly. Register and pay securely online today.