Re-Jigged: Celebrating New Celtic Music & Dance
Ready to Re-Jig? Join us for our 2015 festival, October 23 - 24 : bigger, better and best of all, in downtown Dartmouth, Nova Scotia!
Say hello to Quebec's
- our 2015 Gala Concert co-headliners, along with Ireland's
Michelle & Louise Mulcahy!
Think trad - with attitude!
RE-JIGGED is all about learning, sharing and enjoying the best "new trad" Celtic music and dance. Here at Atlantic Canada's first and only new trad festival, we're creating tomorrow's traditions with workshops, master classes, sessions, our Friday evening Tune Makers: A Concert in the Round, our popular Saturday evening Gala Concert and Late-Night Ceilidh. And you're invited!
You'll love our spaces. Everything you'll want to see and do happens on Ochterloney Street in downtown Dartmouth. Our two venues are just minutes away from each other: Christ Church Hall and First Baptist Church, both amazing acoustic halls, made for trad music and dance.
And thanks to you, we just keep on growing. Take a look!
Re-Jigged '15 proudly welcomes...
- Bon Débarras - This dynamic trio from Montreal draws on living traditions and various creative influences to explore new musical avenues. Catch them in full flight at our Saturday evening Gala Concert!
- Michelle and Louise Mulcahy - Direct from West Limerick, these sisters are recognized worldwide as two of Ireland's finest young trad musicians. Michelle and Louise will open Tune Makers - A Concert in the Round, our Friday evening twist on the traditional session, and co-headline our Gala Concert.
- More than 20 intensive and seminars in music, dance and song
- A full-day percussive dance program
- Children's Gaelic program
- Noon-time music session, just for youth
- The Re-Jigged Celtic Music Ensemble -a unique half-day creative journey, led by Scott Macmillan, one of Canada's foremost performers and arrangers.
Picture yourself at Re-Jigged 2015
Workshops: Learn or improve your skills with some of North America’s leading performers and instructors in bodhran, fiddle, Irish and Scots Gaelic, Irish flute, uilleann pipes, percussive dance, tin whistle, Celtic harp, songwriting - and more!
And with our special children's Gaelic program, your kids will be busy, too!
Concerts: Join us Friday evening for Tune Makers, our unique take on the traditional music session. Then come back Saturday for the always exciting, always sold out two-hour evening concert, featuring the best of Re-Jigged '15.
Late-Night Ceilidh: After the concert, it’s your turn! Callers from both the Maritime and Irish traditions will have you up on the floor and dancing square sets in no time.
So whether you want to play or dance or simply sit back and enjoy it all, if you like Celtic, you’ll love RE-JIGGED!
Workshop spaces fill up quickly. Register and pay securely online today.